Metallica played its first show of 2022 on Friday night (February 25th) at Las Vegas’ Allegiant Stadium. Blabbermouth reported the band played to a reported 60,000 fans with both Greta Van Fleet and Ice Nine Kills serving as their opening acts.
Drummer Lars Ulrich told us a while back that Metallica has forever changed the way it tours: [“The old days of a year-and-a-half on the road, I mean, that’s not going to happen again. If our success has bought us anything, it’s the freedom to do these things the way we want to do them, on our own agenda, on our own time frame. We don’t really even need to have, like they say in the business, a ‘product’ out there. We can just sort of go out and tour if we wake up one morning and feel like it.”] SOUNDCUE (:19 OC: . . . feel like it)
Metallica next performs on April 27th in Santiago, Chile. The band’s next North American date is set for May 27th in Napa, California at BottleRock at Napa Valley Expo.
Metallica’s February 25th setlist at Las Vegas’ Allegiant Stadium:
“Ride The Lightning”
“The Memory Remains”
“Seek & Destroy”
“Sad But True”
“Moth Into Flame”
“Wherever I May Roam”
“For Whom The Bell Tolls”
“Fade To Black”
“Master Of Puppets”
“Nothing Else Matters”
- Metallica played its first show of 2022 on Friday night (February 25th) at Las Vegas’ Allegiant Stadium in front of a reported 60,000 fans.
- Metallica has announced two upcoming summer stadium shows — August 11th at Orchard Park, New York’s Highmark Stadium and August 14th at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania’s PNC Park.
- Both Greta Van Fleet and Ice Nine Kills will also be on the bill.
- Presale tickets will be available to Legacy Fan Club members at 9 a.m. ET and General Fan Club members at 11 a.m. ET today (Monday, February 28th).
- General public tickets for the Orchard Park and Pittsburgh dates go on sale this Friday, March 4th at 10 a.m. ET at Ticketmaster.com.