Neil Young is criticizing live shows during the pandemic, and is calling on big promoters to cancel their planned concerts.
In a blog post, he said, “They hold the power to stop shows where thousands congregate and spread. It’s money that keeps it going. Money that motivates the spreading.”
He says the promoters are responsible for super-spreaders.
One of the first major festivals to return was last month’s Lollapalooza in Chicago. In the UK, live music has been without restrictions since mid-July.
Earlier this month, almost 5,000 Covid-19 cases were linked to the Boardmasters Festival that boasted of 50,000 attendees and had Covid-19 rules in place.
Neil Young hasn’t played a public show since Farm Aid in 2019.
- Neil Young is criticizing live shows during the pandemic
- Says that big promoters care more about the money.
- Neil Young hasn’t played a public show since Farm Aid in 2019.
- Neil Young 1970 Carnegie Hall will be released on October 1.
- Neil Young is 75 years old.