Bon Jovi will stream a new HD version of its concert film, Live In New York this week. Ultimate Classic Rock reported the show, which will be shown via Qello Concerts, is part of a “three-week showcase comprising an array of live performances across the Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Americas, featuring Elton John, Madonna, Queen, Bruce Springsteen, Kiss and many more.”
Bon Jovi originally released the Live In New York footage on the 2009 DVD Live At Madison Square Garden — but the new stream features the first time fans can watch it in upgraded HD.
Jon Bon Jovi told us that by the end of the 1990’s rock fans were getting sick of having their heroes take themselves so seriously: [“I think it needed a good, healthy kick in the butt, and in the early ’90s it got it from all the Seattle stuff. Kurt Cobain really, y’know, made his mark known, and it cleaned up music quite a bit. But I think it got to a point where people wanted to have their rock stars back again — somebody to entertain ’em, that was happy to be there, that was gonna be a showman, that was gonna write songs that people could relate to, and not be so miserable all the time.”] SOUNDCUE (:24 OC: . . . all the time)
Prior to his 2013 exit from the band, guitarist Richie Sambora told us he’d always taken pride in how Bon Jovi’s music continued to resonate with fans: [“Everybody asks, y’know, they say, ‘Well, how’s it feel to play, y’know, ‘Livin’ On A Prayer’ or ‘Wanted Dead Or Alive’ 20,000 times or whatever it’s been?’ Let me tell you something: When those intro chords to ‘Livin’ On A Prayer’ come up, the audience goes up a notch. When I open up the riff for ‘Wanted Dead Or Alive,’ those people are in my (slap, slap, slap) — they’re right here.”] SOUNDCUE (:20 OC: . . . they’re right here)
- Bon Jovi will stream a new HD version of its concert film, Live In New York, this week via Qello Concerts.
DID YOU KNOW???
- Bon Jovi‘s Live At Madison Square Garden was filmed on July 14th and 15th, 2008 in New York City, marking the band’s fifth concert video.
- Live At Madison Square Garden was released on DVD and Blu-ray on November 20th, 2009 and topped Billboard’s Music Video Chart.
- Bon Jovi‘s 2020 album was originally set for release on May 15th, 2020. The collection was eventually issued on October 2nd, 2020 and peaked at Number 19 on the Billboard 200, with the set reaching Number Three on the magazine’s Top Rock Albums chart.
- The band was originally booked to play an 18-date North American arena run with special guest Bryan Adams.
- The leg was set to kick off on June 10th in Tacoma, Washington with the dates wrapping on July 28th in New York City.