Out today (April 16th) from the Tom Petty estate is Finding Wildflowers (Alternate Versions). The 16-track collection, culled from the recent deluxe box set of Petty’s 1994 solo Wildflowers album, includes alternate takes of such favorites as “You Wreck Me,”
“It’s Good To Be King,” “Honey Bee,” and “Wildflowers”
Shortly before his 2017 death, Tom Petty explained that his success was hard earned, but only possible due to a constantly interested and supportive fanbase: [“There were times where I really had to work and hustle. I’ve never felt like I’ve gotten a huge promo from the music business. I don’t think they ever held things up and made things easy for me. It’s my audience is what’s made me survive, honestly. It’s actually the people (laughs) that we play to, and that buy the records that have made us a sort of contradiction — because, God knows, we’ve done the least, I mean the bare minimum of promotion in our life (laughs).”] SOUNDCUE (:31 OC: . . . in our life)
The tracklisting to Finding Wildflowers (Alternate Versions) is:
“A Higher Place”
“Hard On Me”
“Cabin Down Below”
“Crawling Back To You”
“Only A Broken Heart”
“Drivin’ Down To Georgia”
“You Wreck Me”
“It’s Good To Be King”
“House In The Woods”
“Girl On LSD”
“Cabin Down Below” (Acoustic Version)
“Don’t Fade On Me”
“Wake Up Time”
“You Saw Me Comin'”
- Out today (April 16th) from the Tom Petty estate is Finding Wildflowers (Alternate Versions).
- Tom Petty‘s Wildflowers was released on November 1st, 1994 and peaked at Number Eight on the Billboard 200. The album featured such instant classics as the title track, “You Don’t Know How It Feels,” “It’s Good To Be King,” “You Wreck Me.”
- Although officially billed as his second solo album, all the Heartbreakers, except for drummer Stan Lynch, appear on the set, with guitarist Mike Campbell co-producing with Petty and Rick Rubin.
- The five-disc set collection, Wildflowers & All The Rest, restores Tom Petty‘s original broad concept of the watershed 1994 solo release. The compilation was curated by Tom’s daughters, Adria and Annakim Petty and his wife Dana Petty, who were assisted by Heartbreakers Mike Campbell and Benmont Tench, with the project produced by Petty’s longtime engineer and co-producer Ryan Ulyate.
- The Wildflowers & All The Rest “Deluxe Edition” features 15 home studio recordings made by Petty and is rounded-off with 14 live performances of songs from Wildflowers, recorded on various tours from 1995 to 2017, along with 16 studio recordings of alternate takes of Wildflower’s songs.