Pearl Jam will livestream its August 10th, 2018 hometown concert from Seattle’s Safeco Field as part of its latest pay-per-view streaming event via nugs.net. Gratefulweb.com posted the band decided to run the shows between February 12th and 16th due to fan requests following the last August’s screening of night one of the band’s Seattle gigs. The two “home shows” raised over $11 million to combat homelessness.
According to the announcement: “The stream will feature the 37-song set, mixed in stereo and 5.1 digital surround sound by Pearl Jam producer, Josh Evans. . . This never-seen-before full-color footage was captured using multiple HD cameras by touring video director Blue Leach and edited by PJ archivist Kevin Shuss.”
Prior to the August 2020 livestream of night one of the Seattle shows, Nugs founder and CEO Brad Serling said in a statement: “We’ve worked with Pearl Jam for 20 years, and while we miss seeing them on stage, the archive of more than 400 performances dating all the way back to 1993 has helped fans fill the void. Streaming this incredible 2018 show from their hometown of Seattle is a ray of sunshine for these times.”
Pearl Jam drummer Matt Cameron told us a while back that he and his fellow musicians have always remained loyal to Seattle and its music scene: [“We started out very humbly here in the Northwest, and I don’t think we’ve ever really gone too far from those sort of ideals, which were real do-it-yourself, ’80s underground ideals.”] SOUNDCUE (:13 OC: . . . ’80s underground ideals)
- Next month Pearl Jam will livestream its August 10th, 2018 hometown concert from Seattle’s Safeco Field as part of its latest pay-per-view streaming event, via nugs.net.
- Pearl Jam has just rolled out its own “Theo X Vitalogy Home Shows Caramel Set” of candies. Proceeds from every box sold benefit Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation to fight homelessness: http://bit.ly/2MulMOm
- In 2018, Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation and its partners raised nearly $11M to fight homelessness through the Home Show concerts, and Theo Chocolate was proud to collaborate on a Home Show chocolate bar in support of that effort.
- According to the site: “As Pearl Jam prepares to stream Night 2 of the Home Shows this year, we’re excited to once again partner with the Vitalogy Foundation on an exclusive treat – this time giving you a taste of our handmade caramels. This delicious collection of three of our northwest-inspired caramel flavors comes wrapped in a Pearl Jam Home Shows commemorative sleeve that you’ll love long after the chocolate has been enjoyed! It’s the perfect Valentine’s Day treat to enjoy while experiencing an iconic evening of music and supporting a worthy cause.”
Each box includes four pieces of each flavor:
- Apple Cider Dark Chocolate Caramel
- Coffee Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Salted Vanilla Dark Chocolate Caramel
- Made with Organic & Fair Trade Ingredients — Soy Free & Gluten Free.