Like most of the world, Metallica’s Lars Ulrich has spent time in quarantine this year and he’s been listening to lots of music. He told Rolling Stone that the album he turns to for comfort has been Alice in Chains’ Dirt. He said, “It’s so inspiring. I think it’s crazy just how transparent and courageous the lyrics are, and it’s a cohesive piece of work.”
As for the album he listened to the most in 2020, he named the first Rage Against The Machine album. He explained it this way: The music, themes, lyrics, delivery… everything seems to be so spot-on and relevant to the daily craziness that shows up whenever you unlock your device.”
As for Metallica’s music… In early May, the band overcame social distancing to record a new version of their song “Blackened” and released it on social media. And just last month Ulrich announced that the band has been writing for their next project.
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich says that the album he turns to for comfort this year has been Alice in Chains’ Dirt.
- He called in “inspiring.”
- The album he listened to the most: the first Rage Against The Machine album.
- Rage Against the Machine released their first album in November of 1992.
- Alice in Chains released Dirt in September of 1992. It was their 2nd studio album.
- Alice in Chains charted 5 hits off that album.