Guns N’ Roses has just rolled out an eight-city tour of Down Under set for November 2021. The Australian and New Zealand dates follow the band’s already-booked European leg for the spring, and a North American stadium run next summer.
Tour promoter Paul Dainty was quoted by Loudersond.com as saying, “We’re not doing this lightly. There was a lot of consideration before we pulled the trigger. I’ve been doing this a long time. We wouldn’t be proceeding if we weren’t 100 per cent confident. There’s a lot of good news around with the vaccine and the like and we wanted to be optimistic and on the front foot.”
Fans are still eagerly awaiting the first new music from co-founders Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan since 1993. Slash told us that the band had yet to begin writing in earnest: [“There’s, y’know, bits and pieces of things and whatnot, but I mean, to really focus on it in earnest as this group that just got together a couple of years ago, we haven’t really done that much with it yet.”] SOUNDCUE (:12 OC: . . . with it yet)
UPDATED: Guns N’ Roses 2021 tour dates (subject to change):
June 2 – Lisbon, Portugal – Passeio Martimo De Alges
June 5 – Seville, Spain – Estadio Benito Villamarin
June 12 – Solvesborg, Sweden – Sweden Rock Festival
June 18, 19 – London, England – Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
June 22 – Dublin, Ireland – Marlay Park
June 24 – Glasgow, Scotland – Bellahouston Park
June 30 – Munich, Germany – Olympiastadion
July 10 – Milwaukee, WI – Summerfest
July 13 – Washington, DC – Nationals Park
July 16 – Minneapolis, MN – Target Field
July 18 – Indianapolis, IN – Lucas Oil Stadium
July 21 – Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field
July 24 – Detroit, MI – Comerica Park
July 26 – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
August 3 – Boston, MA – Fenway Park
August 5 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
August 11 – Fargo, ND – FargoDome
August 13 – Missoula, MT – Washington Grizzly Stadium
August 16 – Denver, CO – Dick’s Sporting Goods Park
August 19 – Los Angeles, CA – Banc of California Stadium
November 6 – Gold Coast, Australia – Metricon Stadium
November 9 – Adelaide, Australia – Adelaide Oval
November 11 – Melbourne, Australia – Melbourne Cricket Ground
November 14 – Sydney, Australia – ANZ Stadium
November 16 – Brisbane, Australia – Suncorp Stadium
November 19 – Wellington, New Zealand – Sky Stadium
November 21 – Dunedin, New Zealand – Forsyth Barr Stadium
November 24 – Perth, Australia – Optus Stadium
- Guns N’ Roses have just rolled out an eight city tour of Down Under set for November 2021. The Australian and New Zealand dates following the band’s already booked European leg for the spring and a North American stadium run next summer.
- Back in September Guns N’ Roses canceled its tour of South and Central America due to the pandemic.
- The trek, which had already been rescheduled once, was supposed to kick off on November 8th in the Dominican Republic and run through early December.
- The GNR Not In This Lifetime tour, which began four years ago, recently became the 3rd highest-grossing tour in the history of Billboard Boxscore.
- They kicked off the long-rumored and long-awaited reunion tour with a club show in Hollywood and appearances in Las Vegas and at California’s Coachella festival
CHECK IT OUT: Guns N’ Roses on August 5th, 2016 performing “It’s So Easy” live in Houston: