Pearl Jam will offer fans the chance to download the band’s August 8th, 2018 concert at Seattle’s Safeco Field as a pay-per-view broadcast. The show will be available throughout Labor Day weekend, starting on September 4th at 8 p.m. ET. The general public can access the show for $14.99 with the band’s “Ten Club” receiving special pricing.
Rolling Stone reported “The 33-song, career-spanning set featured numerous covers, including Neil Young’s ‘Throw Your Hatred Down’ and ‘Rockin’ In The Free World,’ the Beatles‘ ‘I’ve Got A Feeling,’ the White Stripes‘ ‘We’re Going To Be Friends,’ Pink Floyd’s ‘Comfortably Numb’ and Little Steven’s ‘I Am a Patriot,’ and a guest spot from Brandi Carlile on her song ‘Again Today.'”
Pearl Jam is known for completely changing its set list on a nightly basis. Guitarist Mike McCready told us that fans are able to respond to songs from the band’s entire repertoire: [“We’re lucky in the sense that we can go out and play every night and play different stuff ’cause we have so much stuff to play, and people are receptive to it. There are fans that like — their favorite record is No Code or their favorite record is Vs. And we’re lucky in a way that people want to hear new music from us — at least that’s my perception.”] SOUNDCUE (:16 OC: . . . that’s my perception)
- Pearl Jam will offer fans the chance to download the band’s August 8th, 2018 concert at Seattle’s Safeco Field as a pay-per-view broadcast.
- The show will be available throughout Labor Day weekend, starting on September 4th at 8 p.m. ET.
- Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament has written and recorded a surprise solo EP while in quarantine.
- Titled American Death Squad, the set features five songs, including the just-released “The Divine Perfume.”
- Half of the EP was performed on guitar, while the other was done on piano.