here’s more confirmation that new music from Guns N’ Roses is in the works. During an interview with music store Sweetwater, Slash was asked if he’d finished any music projects while in lockdown and said, “I’ve been jamming with Duff McKagan and Axl Rose and I’ve been doing stuff like that, so we’ve been getting some work done that way. But I haven’t been doing much else.”
The band was all set to tour in September but are now using their lock down time for new music. According to Slash, He’s been “Pretty much a homebody.” Says he basically has only back and forth to the studio that’s in his house to record demos and “guitar stuff.”
Although they haven’t officially announced it, He says that they want to release a full album, acknowledging that released music is done a lot differently than when they first started out.
Slash announced over a year ago that the band was “just getting started” on a new record.
- Guns N’ Roses’ guitarist, Slash says he’s been jamming with Duff McKagan and Axl Rose while being a “home body” during the pandemic.
- The band was all set to tour in September but are now using their lock down time to work on new music.
- Although they haven’t officially announced it, He says that they want to release a full album.
- They started working on it over a year ago.
- Another Quote from Slash: “But there’s a different way of putting stuff out initially nowadays more so than… I mean, there’s always been the single, but now you sort of look at that preliminary release a little bit differently now. All things considered, it’s like the Wild West out there; there is no formula for any of it.”
- GNR’s debut album, Appetite for Destruction, was released in 1987, and has sold around 30 million copies worldwide.
CHECK IT OUT