In a podcast interview, Duff McKagan of Guns N’ Roses was loud and clear about how he and his family are coping with quarantine life during the COVID-19 pandemic. He said: “We’re looking at it very serious. I have two kids and a wife. We live in Seattle, so that was the first hotspot in the U.S.”
McKagan was rehearsing in Los Angeles for the Guns N’ Roses tour when the virus hit. His family was with him, so they stayed in LA. He says – “People seem unable to grasp the gravity of what could lie ahead of us if we don’t take aggressive action immediately.”
In talking about how fast the virus spreads, he noted, “I’m not blaming it on all the people that aren’t staying home, but it’s really F***ing important to stay at home. Don’t go out. Because it’s not just you — we’re not just talking about you.”
When asked about economic concern, he said, “My most important thing right now is keeping the people that work for me employed. We have eighty-plus people on our crew that we’re terrified about right now. We have to figure out what we’re gonna do and keep them from losing their house or something like that.”
- Duff McKagan of Guns N’ Roses is taking quarantine life during the COVID-19 pandemic very serious.
- He’s pleading for people to stay home.
- He and his family live in Seattle but were in Los Angeles when the virus hit the U.S. so they stayed in place.
- Economically he says the band is currently trying to save the jobs of 80 plus GN’R crew members.
- Another Quote from McKagan: “We have truck drivers. And we have hotels that we’ve booked, we have all the people that work in those hotels, the people who are working in parking lots and concessions, and everybody works for us, which is a big traveling group. We have riggers and carpenters and lighting people. And then, of course, the backline, people at the monitor, the sound people. And it adds up. Every time we go into a city, people come from outside the city and get their hotels to come stay and see us play and buy food at restaurants and all that kind of stuff. So, we bring small economies to these cities we go to, and everybody’s gonna feel it, of course.”
- Before joining Guns N’ Roses, McKagan went to business school, founded a wealth management firm for rock stars, and took up journalism.
- Duff’s latest solo album is Tenderness.