As expected, the Rolling Stones have announced a 15-city spring and summer tour. The “No Filter 2020 North American Tour” kicks off on May 8th at San Diego’s SDCCU Stadium and stretches through July 9th when the band wraps things up at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
The fully outdoor stadium run will also make stops in Vancouver, Minneapolis, Nashville, Austin, Dallas, Buffalo, Detroit, Louisville, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Charlotte, and Tampa.
Mick Jagger said in a statement: “It’s always a pleasure to return to North America and play for some of biggest and best crowds in the world!”
Keith Richards added: “We had the best time on the road last summer, and we are ready to do it again!”
Mick Jagger told us that the nightly variable of the live audience is what keeps performing a kick for him: [“You never really know what’s gonna happen. You never know what the audience is gonna be like, you never know how they’re gonna behave, you, you expect them to do certain things, but they don’t always do that, and you don’t always do the same things that you’ve done the night before. That’s what brings you into live playing, what makes live playing so interesting.”] SOUNDCUE (:16 OC: . . . playing so interesting)
Keith Richards explained what it actually feels like hitting the stage and cranking up the Rolling Stones machine: [“It’s this kaleidoscopic, sort of, mayhem. You only have — it’s no two takes in that game, y’know? You’re on stage, you’re on, you can’t stop. I think what you put it down to the incredible energy of the audience. Y’know, they overwhelmingly outnumber us, but we’re the focal point.”] SOUNDCUE (:19 OC: . . . the focal point)
JUST ANNOUNCED: The Rolling Stones tour dates (subject to change):
May 8 – San Diego, CA – SDCCU Stadium
May 12 – Vancouver, BC – BC Place
May 16 – Minneapolis, MN – U.S. Bank Stadium
May 20 – Nashville, TN – Nissan Stadium
May 24 – Austin, TX – Circuit of The Americas
May 29 – Dallas, TX – Cotton Bowl Stadium
June 6 – Buffalo, NY – New Era Field
June 10 – Detroit, MI – Ford Field
June 14 -Louisville, KY – Cardinal Stadium
June 19 – Cleveland, OH – FirstEnergy Stadium
June 23 – Pittsburgh, PA – Heinz Field
June 27 – St. Louis, MO – The Dome at America’s Center
July 1 – Charlotte, NC – Bank of America Stadium
July 5 – Tampa, FL – Raymond James Stadium
July 9 – Atlanta, GA – Mercedes-Benz Stadium
SOURCE: Press release
- As expected the Rolling Stones have announced a 15-city spring and summer tour.
- The “No Filter 2020 North American Tour” kicks off on May 8th at San Diego’s SDCCU Stadium and stretches through July 9th when the band wraps things up at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
- The new “No Filter” trek marks the Stones‘ 21st North American tour.
- The band’s first North American tour played 13 shows between June 5th and June 20th, 1964.
- The Stones hit San Bernardino, California; San Antonio, Texas — for four shows; Excelsior, Minnesota; Omaha, Nebraska; Detroit, Michigan; Pittsburgh and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; before closing over two nights at New York City’s Carnegie Hall.
- The Rolling Stones’ standard setlist for that spring 1964 tour was: “Not Fade Away,” “Talkin’ ‘Bout You,” “I Wanna Be Your Man,” “Hi-Heeled Sneakers,” “Route 66,” “Walking The Dog,” “Tell Me,” “Beautiful Delilah,” “Can I Get A Witness,” “I Just Want To Make Love To You,” and “I’m Alright.”