America is back out on the road with dates running through June. The band, which still features co-founders Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell, plays tomorrow night (January 31st) at Newark, Ohio’s Midland Theatre.
Last fall, Gerry Beckley released his latest solo album, Five Mile Road. Also out now is America’s new CD/DVD concert set, Live At The Palladium.
Gerry Beckley admitted that compared to the America’s legendary ’70s and ’80s tours, the band’s extended road treks have been pared back slightly over the years: [“It’s a relative number. We say 100 but this year might really be about 85 or so. And to be honest, that’s a lot for us. So you really put it at what you can handle. The hardest part is every part of it but the show. The show is just the release. You get there. . . and I think that’s really a good thing, because you want the show to be the cool part. But I tell you, that contrast has been getting bigger and bigger.”] SOUNDCUE (:22 OC: . . bigger and bigger)
Dewey Bunnell told us that over the years on the road, the band has learned to run a tight ship both on and off the stage: [“We’ve grown up on the road and we know what we’re supposed to be doing. The live show’s matured. You take your responsibility a little more seriously. You have to take care of your voice. We wanna be able to do those songs justice every night. You don’t wanna let down the team, I think we all appreciate that.”] SOUNDCUE (:15 OC: . . . all appreciate that)
- America North America tour dates (subject to change):
January 31 – Newark, OH – The Midland Theatre
February 7 – Mount Pleasant, MI – Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
February 15 – Miami, FL – Rock & Romance Cruise
February 21 – Brookville, NY – Tilles Center for Performing Arts
February 22 – Glenside, PA – Keswick Theatre
February 23 – Englewood, NJ – Bergen PAC
February 28 – Milwaukee, WI – Riverside Theatre
February 29 – Wisconsin Dells, WI – Crystal Grand Theatre
March 5 – Windsor, ON – Caesars Colosseum
March 6 – Waukegan, IL – Genessee Theatre
March 7 – Nashville, IN – Maple Leaf PAC
March 12 – Huntington, WV – Keith Albee PAC
March 14 – Knoxville, TN – Tennessee Theatre
March 15 – Memphis, TN – Orpheum Theatre
March 17 – Greenville, SC – Peace Center for Performing Arts
March 19 – Sarasota, FL – Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
March 20 – Clearwater, FL – Ruth Eckerd Hall
March 22 – Orlando, FL – Hard Rock Live
March 24 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Broward Center For Performing Arts
March 25 – Jacksonville, FL – Florida Theatre
April 2 – Lawton, OK – Apache Casino Hotel
April 3 – Eureka Springs, AR – The Auditorium
April 15 – San Antonio, TX – Tobin Center
April 16 – Waco, TX – Waco Hall Baylor
April 17 – Hidalgo, TX – State Farm Arena
May 2 – Calgary, AB – Grey Eagle Event Center
June 27 – North Bethesda, MD – The Music Center at Strathmore
- America is back out on the road with dates running through June.
- The band, which still features co-founders Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell, plays tomorrow night (January 31st) at Newark, Ohio’s Midland Theatre.
- Released in 2017 was a rare look at America‘s pre-fame days with Heritage: Home Recordings/Demos 1970-1973.
- The collection, which was compiled with the assistance of the group, features, “the most comprehensive collection of known demo recordings and unreleased songs from the band’s early formative years. With 10 tracks making their appearance for the very first time.”
- Dewey Bunnell supplies the liner notes to the set, which tracks the band’s early progress through super-stardom.