Set for publication on March 12th is Paul McCartney: Up Close – My Years With The Legend, a new German book by leading radio personality Christian Simon. The tome will be culled from Simon’s years of interviews with the former Beatle. An English edition is expected to also see release.
The book has been endorsed by such McCartney intimates as former publicist and confidante Geoff Baker along with Mark Featherstone-Witty, the director of the McCartney-led Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts.
The book’s announcement reads:
For almost two decades Christian Simon maintained friendly contact with Paul McCartney. For the first time, the moderator and journalist gives the opportunity to read the most exciting passages from the exclusive interviews he conducted with the great musician and his wife Linda. A very private Paul McCartney becomes visible, his look at the Beatles, his own music, pop music at all, politics and the environment and his commitment to young talents. Last but not least, the book also sets a monument to musician Linda McCartney. A unique biography in self-testimonies, with many photos, unpublished documents and including CD with original recordings.
A few years ago, Paul McCartney told us that throughout his life, whether it be while mourning the loss of his mother when he was 14, the murder of John Lennon in 1980, or most recently during the breakup of his second marriage to Heather Mills, music has been a constant positive outlet for him: [“I think one of the great things is music is a great healer. And it’s a great, sort of, therapy, and often when you’re going through something difficult, to get into your music is a great thing. I’ve been very glad that to have my music. I think I’ve been, consequently, just been putting stuff into it that seems to have added up to something.”] SOUNDCUE (:20 OC: . . . up to something)
- Set for publication on March 12th is Paul McCartney: Up Close – My Years With The Legend, a new German book by the leading radio personality Christian Simon.
- The book will be culled from Simon’s years of interviews with the former Beatle. An English edition is expected to also see release.
- Out now is Paul McCartney‘s new single “Home Tonight” and “In A Hurry.”
- The songs, which were recorded during the sessions for his chart-topping Egypt Station album, were produced by Greg Kurstin.
- In November, the tracks were issued as a very limited-edition Record Store Day exclusive double A-side, seven-inch, picture disc single.