Elton John has just announced two-dozen new concerts dates, which fit into his already booked spring 2020 North American leg. Pollstar.com posted: “American Express Card Members get a presale on November 14th at 10 a.m. local time. A limited number of VIP packages will also be available at that date. Registration for a Verified Fan presale is open now and the Verified Fan presale begins November 19th at 10 a.m. Tickets go on sale to the general public November 22nd at 10 a.m. local time.”
One of the highlights of the Elton John catalogue — and current live shows — is his 1983 hit “I’m Still Standing,” which turned a whole new generation of fans on to Elton John’s music: [“‘I’m Still Standing’ was from the Too Low For Zero album. I think that was the first video I’d ever done with a that really. . . I mean, I hired Russell Mulcahy who did all the great Duran Duran videos. It’s one of the great videos that I’ve done. Y’know, I’m not fond of doing videos — everyone knows that. But it was a fun video and it’s a fun song, and y’know, it works in concert. I really reach for uptempo songs, because on the piano it’s much harder to write an uptempo song than it is a ballad.”] SOUNDCUE (:24 OC: . . . is a ballad)
Elton John performs on Friday (November 15th) at Boston’s TD Garden.
For Elton John’s full concert itinerary, log on to: Pollstar – Elton John
JUST ANNOUNCED: Elton John North American tour dates (subject to change):
March 28, 29 – Toronto, ON – Scotiabank Arena
April 2, 3 – Montreal, QC – Bell Centre
April 20 – Hershey, PA – GIANT Center
April 25 – Columbus, OH – Schottenstein Center
May 22 – Columbia, SC – Colonial Life Arena
May 23 – Greensboro, NC – Greensboro Coliseum
May 26 – Tampa, FL – Amalie Arena
May 28 – Orlando, FL – Amway Center
May 30 – Miami, FL – AmericanAirlines Arena
June 6 – Knoxville, TN – Thompson-Boling Arena
June 9 – Lincoln, NE – Pinnacle Bank Arena
June 13 – Fargo ND – Fargodome
June 15, 16 – St. Paul, MN – Xcel Energy Center
June 19, 20 – Chicago, IL – United Center
June 24 – New Orleans, LA – Smoothie King Center
June 30 – Houston, TX – Toyota Center
July 1 – Houston, TX – Toyota Center
July 3 – Little Rock, AR – Simmons Bank Arena
July 7 – St. Louis, MO – Enterprise Center
July 8 – Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center
- Elton John has just announced two-dozen new concerts dates, which fit into his already booked spring 2020 North American leg.
- Tickets go on sale to the general public November 22nd at 10 a.m. local time.
- This past August 22nd marked the 30th anniversary of Elton John‘s Sleeping With The Past album. The collection, which was produced by Chris Thomas, was Elton’s ninth studio set of the decade, and his last prior to regaining his sobriety.
- Highlights included three Top 40 hits — the album’s lead single, “Healing Hands” (#13), “Sacrifice” (#18) — Elton’s first British chart-topper, and “Club At The End Of The Street” ((#28).
- To date, Sleeping With The Past, which peaked at Number 23 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, has gone platinum in the U.S.
- The album did far better globally, hitting the Top 10 on the Austrian, Danish, French, German, Italian, and Spanish charts.
- Sleeping With The Past hit Number One in the UK, New Zealand, and Switzerland.