Coming on November 15th is Foreigner‘s Double Vision: Then And Now, a CD/DVD collection featuring original band members including Lou Gramm joining forces with Mick Jones and Foreigner’s current lineup for “a once in a lifetime reunion concert for the very first time in the band’s 40-year history.” The show was captured during a 2017 concert in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan at the Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort.
The collection features performances by Gramm and original members Al Greenwood, Dennis Elliott, Ian McDonald, and Rick Wills — alongside Mick Jones and the current incarnation of Foreigner — Kelly Hansen, Tom Gimbel, Jeff Pilson, Michael Bluestein, Bruce Watson, and Chris Frazier. Foreigner – Double Vision: Then And Now will be available on CD/DVD, Blu-ray/CD, limited double-LP/Blu-ray, and digital platforms.
Foreigner founder Mick Jones spoke about the performances culled for the new Then And Now live set, recalling, “This was a show that I will always remember! Sharing the stage with the guys that shaped Foreigner in the beginning and the stellar musicians that carry the flag in the new millennium, was a truly emotional moment.”
The tracklisting to Foreigner’s Double Vision: Then And Now DVD is: “Cold As Ice,” “Head Games,” “Waiting For A Girl Like You,” “Headknocker,” “Say You Will,” “Urgent,” “Starrider,” “Juke Box Hero,” “Feels Like The First Time,” “Double Vision,” “Blue Morning, Blue Day,” “Long, Long Way From Home,” “Dirty White Boy,” “I Want To Know What Love Is,” “Hot Blooded,” “The Flame Still Burns,” and “Fool For You Anyway.”
Lou Gramm told us that taking the stage with his fellow Foreigner bandmates in 2017 was a “best case scenario” all around: [“I know there’s been talk about this going on periodically over the last four or five years, but I was pleasantly surprised that this 40th anniversary is a reason to actually do it. The guys in his new band are terrific and they’ve helped us out in a number of ways and it’s been a lot of fun. The reception in Long Island for the first show we played was incredible.”] SOUNDCUE (:20 OC: . . . played was incredible)
The current edition of Foreigner — featuring Mick Jones — kicks off its next string of dates on Thursday (September 26th) in Roanoke, Virginia at Elmwood Park.
SOURCE: Press release
- Coming on November 15th is Foreigner‘s Double Vision: Then And Now, a CD/DVD collection featuring original band members including Lou Gramm joining forces with Mick Jones and Foreigner’s current lineup during a 2017 concert in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan at the Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort.
- In addition to Gramm, the collection features performances by original members Lou Gramm, Al Greenwood, Dennis Elliott, Ian McDonald, and Rick Wills.
“Special Performance Features” on Foreigner’s Double Vision: Then And Now DVD are:
- “Juke Box Hero” — Features an array of special effects, lasers, smoke and an insane animated jukebox on steroids.
- “Starrider” – A 3D animated spacecraft and digital effects breathe new life into the digital age.
- “Feels Like The First Time” – The song that launched the legacy is performed by original members for the first time in over 30 years.
- “I Want To Know What Love Is” – A breathtaking full Gospel rendition that brings the Albert Strickland & Cho’Zen Choir together with both incarnations of the band onstage for the very first time.
- “Hot Blooded” – A Flamin’ HOT and electrifying encore finale featuring both incarnations of the band together onstage has the entire crowd on their feet and rockin.’