Journey has just added a four-night December run in Las Vegas. The band, who’ll hit the venue for a string of nine shows in October, will also play The Colosseum at Caesars Palace on December 27th, 28th, 30th, and 31st.
In addition to the Vegas runs, the band has a handful of other shows on the books — making stops in Atlantic City, New Jersey; Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Niagara Falls, New York; and Uncasville, Connecticut.
Co-founding guitarist Neal Schon told us that the same exact thing that alienated the rock press back in the day, was what was driving Journey’s album sales and concert attendance: [“I’ve always felt, that Journey, y’know, has been a special band — even from the very get go — and that we were bringing something different from the table. And even at the height with Steve Perry in the ’80s, that we were getting panned all the time by every writer, I never paid any attention to it, because I almost felt that the band was so musical and musically diverse; there really wasn’t any type of music that we couldn’t play. So, I think that a lot of writers got a little frustrated with it, ’cause they couldn’t put us in a box with other bands and compare us. We came from so many different musical angles. I thought it was something that set us apart.”] SOUNDCUE (:37 OC: . . . set us apart)
UPDATED: Journey tour dates (subject to change):
September 27, 28 – Atlantic City, NJ – Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena
October 1 – Bethlehem, PA – Sands Bethlehem Event Center
October 2 – Niagara Falls, NY – Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino Event Center
October 4, 5 – Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun Arena
October 9, 11, 12, 16, 18, 19, 23, 25, 26 – Las Vegas, NV – The Colosseum at Caesars Palace
December 27, 28, 30, 31 – Las Vegas, NV – The Colosseum at Caesars Palace
- Journey has just rolled out a year-end Las Vegas run at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
- The band will ring out 2019 with shows on December 27th, 28th, 30th, and 31st.
- Out now is Journey – Live In Japan 2017: Escape + Frontiers. The set, which is available as a double CD and DVD or Blu-ray, was captured live on February 7th, 2017 at Tokyo’s Budokan arena.
- In addition to current frontman Arnel Pineda, the show features the full musical line up of the classic early-’80s version of Journey that recorded the albums — including co-founders Neal Schon and Ross Valory, along with Jonathan Cain, and Steve Smith.
- The DVD tracklisting to Journey – Live In Japan 2017: Escape + Frontiers is: “Don’t Stop Believin’,” “Stone In Love,” “Who’s Crying Now,” “Keep On Runnin’,” “Still They Ride,” “Escape,” “Lay It Down,” “Dead Or Alive,” Neal Schon Guitar Solo, “Mother, Father,” Jonathan Cain Piano Solo, “Open Arms,” “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart),” “Send Her My Love,” “Chain Reaction,” “After The Fall,” “Faithfully,” “Edge Of The Blade,” Steve Smith Drum Solo, “Back Talk,” “Frontiers,” “Rubicon,” “La Raza del Sol,” and “Lovin,’ Touchin,’ Squeezin,’