The Steve Miller Band has just rolled out a three-night Las Vegas run for the fall. The band, which is currently on tour with Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives, will hit Wynn Las Vegas’ Encore Theatre on October 2nd, 4th, and 5th. The announcement publicizing the trio of “Sin City” dates reads in part: “Enlivening the music scene for more than half a century, Steve Miller Band will bring beloved hits from albums such as The Joker, Fly Like An Eagle, and Book Of Dreams to the stage.”
Tickets go on sale this Friday, July 12th at 10 a.m. PDT, with prices ranging from $59.50 to $250, plus applicable fees.
Although, Steve Miller had originally planned on spending his time off earlier this year to begin recording a new album, but instead turned his focus onto a joint live project with frequent touring mate Peter Frampton, who is currently in the midst of his final tour after discovering he’s suffering from a degenerative muscle disease called Inclusion-Body Myositus (IBM), that slowly weakens the body’s muscles.
Miller shed light on the upcoming duo project, which features the various blues duels the pair performed together over their 2017 and 2018 summer tours: [“Y’know, we did 89 shows together, and we went through all the live recordings that we did and we pulled out, I think, 11 tracks. So, we’re putting the record together now with Peter and I, and he’s playing so beautifully, and he’s working so hard — I think he’s already recorded four albums, so far. I think he’s playing better than he’s ever played. People say that a lot, but, y’know, but really and truly, after doing those 89 shows with him, I’ve gotten to know his playing so well — he’s really a great guitar player.”] SOUNDCUE (:30 OC: . . . great guitar player)
So far there’s been no title or release sate for the Steve Miller / Peter Frampton live set.
- UPDATED: Steve Miller Band / Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives tour dates (subject to change):
July 12 – Prior Lake, MN – Lakefront Music Fest
July 14 – Duluth, MN – Bayfront Festival Park
July 16 – Kettering, OH – Fraze Pavilion
July 18 – Baltimore, MD – MECU Pavilion
July 20 – Lynchburg, VA – Riverfront Park
July 21 – Bensalem, PA – Xcite Center (Steve Miller Band only)
July 24 – New York, NY – Pier 17
July 25 – Boston, MA – Rockland Trust Bank Pavilion
July 27 – Rangeley, ME – Health & Wellness Pavilion
July 28 – Kingston, NY – Hutton Brickyards
July 30 – Selbyville, DE – Freeman Stage at Bayside
July 31 – Vienna, VA – Wolf Trap
August 2 – Mashantucket, CT – Foxwoods Grand Theater
August 3 – Bethlehem, PA – Musikfest
August 11 – Albuquerque, NM – Sandia Resort & Casino
August 13 – Denver, CO – The Mission Ballroom
August 14 – Vail, CO – Gerald R. Ford Amphitheatre
August 16 – Billings, MT – Cove Creek Outdoor Pavilion
August 17 – Missoula, MT – Big Sky Brewery
August 19 – Salt Lake City, UT – Red Butte Garden
August 21 – Los Angeles, CA – Greek Theater
August 22 – Paso Robles, CA – Vina Robles Amphitheatre
August 24 – Stateline, NV – Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys
August 25 – Napa, CA – Oxbow RiverStage
August 27 – Salem, OR – Oregon State Fair
August 28 – Airway Heights, WA – Northern Quest Resort & Casino
August 30, 31 – Woodinville, WA – Chateau Ste. Michelle
October 2, 4, 5 – Las Vegas, NV – Wynn Las Vegas – Encore Theatre (Steve Miller Band only)
SOURCE: Press release
- The Steve Miller Band has announced a three-night Las Vegas run for October 2nd, 4th, and 5th at Wynn Las Vegas’ Encore Theatre.
- Miller is prepping a live album culled from blues tunes he and Peter Frampton performed together over their 2017 and 2018 summer tours.
- Steve Miller has announced the October 11th release of his long-awaited box set, titled Welcome To The Vault.
- The three-CD, one-DVD collection, which spans the 1960’s and ’70s, is spread across 52 audio tracks featuring wells known classics — with 38 previously unissued recordings — including five unreleased Miller compositions.
- Released in May was the second box set of the Steve Miller Band‘s career spanning vinyl collection. Following last year’s Complete Albums Volume 1 (1968-1976), is the new nine-LP, 180-gram vinyl box set called Complete Albums Volume 2 (1977-2011).
- The collection spans the band’s multi-platinum 10th studio album, 1977’s Book Of Dreams, through 2011’s Let Your Hair Down, with all the albums newly remastered for vinyl.