Rick Springfield will release his 18th studio album titled, Orchestrating My Life, on April 26th. According to the official announcement for the set, Orchestrating My Life features “an electrifying mix of ‘rock meets orchestral’ arrangements of a lifetime of his greatest hits. Also included is the new song ‘Irreplaceable.’ dedicated to Rick’s mother who he lost in 2016. The album will be played live on March 30th at L.A.’s Saban Theatre with a full symphonic orchestra.” The album follows Springfield’s critically acclaimed 2018 original blues collection, The Snake King.
The tracklisting to Orchestrating My Life is: “Kristina,” “I’ve Done Everything For You,” “Don’t Talk to Strangers,” “Jessie’s Girl,” “Affair Of The Heart,” “Love Somebody,” “Human Touch,” “Celebrate Youth,” and “World Start Turning.”
Rick Springfield told us that it’s the love, interest, and support from both his female and male fans that keep him honest and progressing musically and emotionally: [“I write what I like and that’s why the music always comes from a male perspective because I am, y’know? But some of the image stuff. . . I mean I always resisted all the teen stuff, but they still printed stuff anyway back in the ’80s and I had to deal with it. But I always played and wrote what I wanted to — that I thought was good stuff, which is why I still have male fans. And the male fan base is actually growing, because I’ve always written, I think, with a degree of integrity and not a sell-out vibe at all.”] SOUNDCUE (:29 OC: . . . vibe at all)
SOURCE: Press release
Rick Springfield‘s Orchestrating My Life is available for pre-order as a “Limited Edition Special Box Set” featuring four CD’s, a signed postcard, and two bonus CD’s.
The limited edition, special box set includes:
- The main Orchestrating My Life CD album (newly recorded Orchestral versions of a lifetime of hits and one new song)
- Instrumental versions CD.
- Orchestra only versions CD.
- “In Conversation” CD where Rick tells you himself, the story behind each song.
- A postcard signed by Rick. Also included for the first 300 orders are two bonus CD samplers — the four-track, new “Irreplaceable” and five-track fan favorite “Kristina.”
- Rick Springfield has sold over 19 million records and has had 17 Top 40 hits, including “Don’t Talk To Strangers,” “I’ve Done Everything For You,” “Speak To The Sky,” “I Get Excited,” “Affair Of The Heart,” “Celebrate Youth,” “State Of The Heart,” “Rock Of Life,” and the 1981 Number One hit “Jessie’s Girl.”
- He won the 1981 Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal for “Jessie’s Girl.”
- 2008’s Venus In Overdrive, was Springfield’s highest charting album in 23 years, debuting on the Billboard 200 album charts at Number 28.