When you had a kid and you told your parents the name you picked, did they say, “Awww, we love it” . . . or did they kinda scrunch up their faces and say, “Hmm. Interesting”?
According to a new survey of grandparents, 20% say they HATE their grandchild’s name. And here are the main reasons why . . .
1. 32% say it’s too odd.
2. 20% don’t like that their name suggestions were ignored.
3. 15% think it sounds made up or is too unconventional.
4. 11% think it will embarrass the child.
5. 10% wish the kid had gotten a family name instead.
6. And 5% think it’s too hard to pronounce.
The survey also found that grandmothers had more issues with baby names than grandfathers. 44% of parents say their own mother had the worst reaction to the name they picked for their baby . . . and 42% say it was their mother-in-law.