This is good info if you’re using online dating to find a meaningful relationship. And not just, you know, something quick and squishy.
A new survey looked at people in successful relationships who met through online dating, and figured out what happened on their first dates. Here are the results . . .
1. 37% talked online for at least a week before they met.
2. The most common thing they did on their first date was go to dinner. Going out for drinks was second, and going for coffee was third.
3. 62% of the men planned the first date.
4. 80% of the men paid for the first date, and 20% split the check . . . which means the men spent at least some money on 100% of the first dates.
5. Only 29% kissed on the first date.
6. And most of them ignored the “two-day rule” or “three-day rule.” 56% talked or texted right after the date, and 77% planned their second date within 24 hours.